SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Freeze Your Bus Off Campout 2013!  (Read 26214 times)

skibumtgm

Re: Freeze Your Bus Off Campout 2013!
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2013, 10:20:14 am »

So as some might now or it may be news to other Greg took advantage of me in a drunken state (get your minds out the gutter) and i paid for a $10 app called geocaching.  for those of you who dont know what that is its basically a scavanger hunt or treasure hunt played by people all over the globe.  check out the video attached for more details.

So my original thought when i was not going to make it was to drive down and set one of these up for you guys to find.  well that never happened but that doesnt mean there is not an adventure to be had.  Greg had asked me if there were any already in the area so i poped on to look and there are about 6 in walking or biking area one of which really looks fun.  its called " The road to Hell is paved" and looks fun because it is an evening cache. Remeber the late night adventure to find the bridge?

This cache of the evening (night cache) will take you on a 1 mile (round trip) stroll of the Jersey Devil's playground. The coordinates above are parking coordinates! Look for the firetacks to guide you to the cache.  

so tht being said who is up for an adventure.

This cache of the evening (night cache) will take you on a 1 mile (round trip) stroll of the Jersey Devil's playground. The coordinates above are parking coordinates! Look for the firetacks to guide you to the cache.

skibumtgm

« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2013, 10:21:01 am »

Gigi loves Freeze Your Bus Off!

GIGI hates the cold

Beetleboi -Greg-

• Band for hire, let me know what you need!
  • PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2013, 10:22:53 am »

If anybody can bring an extra bike for Matt that would be great.
ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

1972 Volkswagen WestFakia "Mildred"

You buy your own bus, and do what you want to your bus. I'll do what I want to so with mine. Pissing off purists one modification at at time.

"After a Hurricane Comes a Rainbow" - Katy Perry

lovebus (jack)

• Club Co-Founder, Member SJVWCC
  • Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Happy Trails Vanagon, AB2W
    • SJVWC Charter Member
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2013, 10:31:50 am »

You should post it on the the geocashing website then it can be downloaded to your phones app.

I suggested this for a cruise once, you would have to find the cash to find out where lunch was going to be.
I don't have to go to work in the morning....

RT 66 June 1, 2015

"Why restore it to its former short comings
When you can modify it too its full potential."

skibumtgm

« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2013, 10:45:47 am »

You should post it on the the geocashing website then it can be downloaded to your phones app.

I suggested this for a cruise once, you would have to find the cash to find out where lunch was going to be.

Awesome idea jack.  i think we should post a club Cache this summer when we can take some more time setting it up.

skibumtgm

« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2013, 10:59:57 am »

here is what i have located in the area on my phone.

the question mark is "The road to Hell is paved"

the others are listed below.  Also i forgot to mention above there is something in each cache and you can take it if you replace it with something else of the same value or theme.  other you can add to the theme.  for example one located here is forign coins so if you want to try and find that and have some coins to add or swap that is for you.  otherwise it can just besomething to show you were there maybe a SJVWC FYBO sticker, or a little bus toy tagged with SJVWC on it something to let the world know SJVWC is out there and who knows people might see it and think wonder who these guys are and see find our site. 

anyway here are the others located not far from camp.

Foreign Exchange 3 -- N 39? 14.364 W 074? 51.146
The cache is an Altoids tin with a log sheet and a handful of foreign coins. Bring your own pen. Feel free to swap and trade whatever coins you have.  The cache starts off with a selection of coins from a 5 lb sack of unsorted foreign coins from Ebay - plenty more after these provided the cache does not get muggled.

" OOooo You SAVAGE you..." -- N 39? 14.587 W 074? 51.753
This cache is placed for those savages down there in Belleplain for Tniegels yearly cabin extravaganza.
Parking is close by and no 4x4 vehicle is needed.
Large 3 quart canister holds the goodies.
" A Hat May Hinder Your Hunt "

Reflecting Point -- N 39? 14.713 W 074? 51.275
A beautiful location near Lake Nummy. We couldn't resist this spot, even though you will have to keep an eye out for Muggles. Don't forget to take a moment or two to enjoy the view!

Lenape Chief Surprise -- N 39? 14.784 W 074? 51.098
The cache is a clear Lock&Lock container. As far as its contents go, suffice it to say that our six children wanted most of the stuff. But they're nothing if not eclectic, so you are sure to find something that fits you.

The Dark(est) Spot in South Jersey -- N 39? 15.030 W 074? 51.438
SJAC public SkyWatches take place at the dark sky observing site at the Belleplain State Forest in Cape May County. Belleplain is easily reached from most locations in South Jersey; yet, it's far enough from sources of light pollution to give observers a spectacular dark sky view..

I placed this small pill bottle in a great spot in Cape May County. There was a cache here a while back, which I nevre got to do. This is another in my series of classic/archived cache revitalizations in the area. There are quite a few caches in the area, including my " Ooooo you Savage you ! " Good luck finding this one. Keep the title in mind whilst you seek... :)

KenLT1

• GOLD Member
  • Me n the Bug
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2013, 08:44:44 pm »

well the Kitchen Help says will Have Chile, salad, n bread. cookies, , n coffee n hot co co to drink.
 probley find some other stuff to bring along, should be down by 11am on Sat
   see you all there  ken n rog.
    the Green Bug.. thumpup)-

skibumtgm

« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2013, 07:57:31 pm »

Didn't take many pics this time but had a blast as always. Can't wait for the next one.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up