SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A southern Jersey "Flanders" event???  (Read 4024 times)

jhicken

A southern Jersey "Flanders" event???
« on: February 01, 2013, 03:32:36 pm »

With the demise of Punch Buggy and Bugs and Buses at Barngate Bay, I thought you guys were gonna put together your own event, a camping/show event like the All Air-Cooled Gathering, but with a Southern Jersey flair. I know Mark has his new Volkstreffen gig in June, but it's a split show [air and water], and although I [and the club] support him and the event 100%,  I'm hoping for another air-cooled centric show to rise. With most split shows the emphasis seems to trend toward water so we need more to air to survive.

I'll do everything in my power to help your guys put something together. Just find a good location, something that will be around for awhile and large enough for 300-400 cars and the rest is easy. I can help with promotion and my experience running the Gathering for the last eight+ years.

Lets go guys, show your southern pride.

-jeffrey 

lovebus (jack)

• Club Co-Founder, Member SJVWCC
  • Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Happy Trails Vanagon, AB2W
    • SJVWC Charter Member
Re: A southern Jersey "Flanders" event???
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 11:23:22 am »

Thanks Jeffrey for you support. We are in the thinking stages of a show but nothing set in stone yet. Will keep you informed.
Jack
I don't have to go to work in the morning....

RT 66 June 1, 2015

"Why restore it to its former short comings
When you can modify it too its full potential."

jhicken

Re: A southern Jersey "Flanders" event???
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 11:40:13 am »

What's holding things up?

Any ideas on where it may be? What would be ideal is find the place now to get the ball rolling, and start marketing it this year for 2014. We'll even push it big time at Flanders this year. Maybe consider having it the third or forth weekend in May. 20 members could pull this off easily, heck I'll even kick in a couple of key CJVWS members to help get things started, marketing, field organization, event planning, raffle coordination, camping considerations etc.

Lets do this! Say the word and I'll call in the cavalry!!!

-jeffrey
Pages: [1]   Go Up