SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving South!  (Read 12882 times)

Soul Rebel 67(Ramon)

• '67 Soul Rebel
  • PLATINUM Member
Moving South!
« on: April 19, 2013, 07:26:53 pm »

As most members might already know, I'm moving back to sunny St Croix Virgin Islands. I came to Pennsylvania with intention to attend college and return back, but i bought a 67 bug while attending college, starting going to shows then restoring my bug and doing more shows and gtg that 20yrs passed by flying!  I've had a BLAST :jump4jo": since i joined this club  09group: , i regret not camping more  CampTent$ U guys totally ROCK!!!  I never met such a great group of folks from all walks of life hanging out amongst others like a family helping in any which way possible, opening there homes/garages and being there when needed. Mi Casa es Su Casa, My house is Your house whenever anyone wants to visit a Tropical Paradise you guys can come! RSVP please #@rofl3 seriously! Your winter *cold* i will be  7&7sun on the beach!
But on a serious side, since i've been up here my mother has had a minor stroke, anurism and found out she had diabetes, so she had to retire from 35yrs of being a watchmaker. Her hands are not the same like before, a steady tremor and she's not worked on watches since. She spends her days with her chihuawa and the house have been deteriorating undr her without family members helping her everytime she asks. I've been sending her money to hire people to fix stuff and they rip her off without finishing the jobs or dont use propr stuff. I decided last year that i would go back and start repairing stuff and trying to find work. That's another thing, St Croix has a oil refinery that closed down putting over 1500 workers out of work and many people left the island, but my cousin has a landscaping company and he said he would give me some work to get on my feet. I will keep updating u guys on this thread on my departure from the Northeast.
Knowledge is Power; Education is the Key!
  1964 Rasta Buggy
  1967 Ragtop Bug

Why drink and drive, when u can smoke and Fly!
SJVWC Virgin Islands Chapter!

VWPANZER1

• Member SJVWC ------- Charter Member-------Past Presidant------- Club Co-Founder
  • Club Vice President
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
    • SJVWC Charter Member
Re: Moving South!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 08:44:24 pm »

Not only will we miss you, but nobody can take your place. How can anyone do what you do?

You serve as a beacon for what a dedicated enthusiast should be.

I know you love your island, but as my former Hawaiian son-in-law says; those island get real small, real fast.

Hope you return real soon.
                                          &^beer&

jt

6T5 square

• PLATINUM Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 08:49:18 pm »

I met Ramone about 10 years ago at a VW show. He looked like some scary, crazed, dope smoking Jamaican guy so I knew we would get along great. Of course he was there selling parts next to his super nice cruiser. I will miss your smile, my friend and your helpful attitude. I wish you much luck in the islands, send some pictures of the sweet rides you'll see. My only regret is never rolling a fatty with you.
John
60 Beetle- Ned
65 1500S Squareback-Weezer gone but not forgotten
2014 Jetta
Dont know everything but I'll try and learn
Friends don't let friends drive 6 volts
Obnoxious objector??

Mrs Baha (Tracy)

• Corresponding Secretary
  • PLATINUM Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 10:17:56 pm »

I'm NOT listening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will Miss you so very much.  But on a good note........ maybe now I will get a vacaction  :jump4jo":

vwtrike (Rich)

• PLATINUM Member
  • SJVWC
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 06:55:41 pm »

Good luck Ramon. I'll miss you. doublethumb

kvbug (karen)

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 11:02:00 pm »

Ramon, this club will just not be the same without you.  Your infectious laugh, your smile that comes so easily, your true love of the cars, your willingness to get involved in everything, and your cheerleader-type enthusiasm.  You are such an essential part of this family that it's going to be hard to continue, because of the void that your absence will leave.   

We do admire your loyalty to and love for your mother,  and understand your need to be with her.  We know that you need to take care of her and her home.

I'm sure you'll be posting great pictures for us on here, and making us wish we were with you on that sublime island.   You better watch what you wish for... we all may charter a flight and show up on your doorstep!  dog@@

You'll be missed, good friend..   bawlin)0     =+grouphu9

Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it. ~Benjamin Franklin

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

1970 VW Beetle ,  "Charlie"

lovebus (jack)

• Club Co-Founder, Member SJVWCC
  • Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Happy Trails Vanagon, AB2W
    • SJVWC Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 01:07:23 pm »

" never rolling a fatty with you"  #@rofl3

Ramone, what everyone else said!!!!
I don't have to go to work in the morning....

RT 66 June 1, 2015

"Why restore it to its former short comings
When you can modify it too its full potential."

buglvw (Howard)

• PLATINUM Member
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 05:07:19 pm »

Ramon, if you need any help rounding up and packing your goodies let us know. I'm sure you'll have more help then you can shake a wrench at.  0)goodlu)0
If you have to copy at least be original!

CAPTJACK

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 11:22:43 pm »

Good luck Ramon you have done such a great job for all of us at SJVW you will be greatly missed.

66-Ghia

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 08:18:52 am »

Wishing you the best of luck Ramon. You will be greatly missed but I'm sure you will keep in touch with everyone on here or on facebook. Thank You for everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daverted

• PLATINUM Member
  • 74Sunbug,2020 Tiguan
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2013, 09:42:48 am »

Ramon, The only Guy I know that smiles when doing body work. Thanks for being... Hope to see you on the Island, someplace My wife and I always wanted to go.

Celly

• Charter Member
  • PLATINUM Member
  • SJVWC
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2013, 10:38:38 am »

Ramon, you will be truely missed.  You are a one of a kind person and you are always welcome at our house. 

No regrets here... In fact, we need to chill before you leave us. brainfart)
There are two things in ordinary conversation which ordinary people dislike - information and wit.

It\'s not a car, it\'s not a van, its a BUS!

Soul Rebel 67(Ramon)

• '67 Soul Rebel
  • PLATINUM Member
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 08:39:12 pm »

Update. My 40ft container was delivered today **^bana0, now i'm in the process of crazy/weird packing of boxes.
Knowledge is Power; Education is the Key!
  1964 Rasta Buggy
  1967 Ragtop Bug

Why drink and drive, when u can smoke and Fly!
SJVWC Virgin Islands Chapter!

Baha (Shawn)

• Club Vice President
  • PLATINUM Member
  • SYNCRO HiTop----K2SMD
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 11:00:27 pm »

As you know we tried to put a benefit together to help Ramon with his moving expenses, but the cost was unbelievable. We've created a donation account so all monies donated go directly to Ramon. We'll have a drawing from the list of all contributors for some great prizes.

http://www.sjvwc.net/forums/index.php/topic,9289.new.html#new Click the link for details
The VWs you can sleep in are more gooder

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, The kind that can count and the kind that can't.

71vert

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2013, 12:42:37 pm »

I am really going to miss you.  Hopefully, you will be able to visit often and are welcome to grab Ruby and cruise to shows whenever you are in town.  It seems like we are usually double booked most of the time so Ruby would love the attention.  (how do you say my bug is your bug in the islands??). Anyway,  Tim and I have a spare room and you are always welcome here, 2. 

$chat
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up