SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Burning-Man 2013  (Read 5344 times)

Bugaru "JAY"

• Car Show/Events Chairperson
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Subaru Powered 300+ HP
    • Events Chairperson
Burning-Man 2013
« on: August 22, 2013, 09:54:46 pm »

The end of August is near so Burning-Man will Burn again as September nears. My son usually attends this event, so thought that would share, and though that we should schedule a cruise and attend while on our Route 66 run.  clap2-*

This is an event like no other. Basically an art festival in the middle of the desert, where nothing stood before attendees arrive, and no trace after they leave. The Desert must be restored to it's natural state at the end of the festival, after arrival no motors can be run or cars driven. It is either by foot, bicycle, solar powered etc or some other freaky means of transportation. Every vehicle your see moving is either by peddle power or creativity. So that means everything you see was brought in for this occasion and removed so the desert can be left to it's natural state again. It's the worlds biggest party Bonfire, as the Burning-man city burns to commence the end of the festival.

There are several camps setup in a kind of ancient theme one section is the VW section where some strange creations and creatures roam.   

With the day temps sometimes getting into the 100's most attendees party all night while sleeping in the heat of the day.

What it Is....

Daylight View from above.

There are many, many videos out there, but had to be discreet.
 Can you imagine if these people had drugs.

TURBO'ed 1956 Oval Window aka LOUIE. It Sucks Blows and Goes Fast-tttttt

My Dubs are built with the Best and Cheapest Quality rejected Parts.
Ok. So I'm missing and have a few loose screws, but those are only in my head

Politically Incorect and Damn Proud of it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up