SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Dub 'N Dine Indian Food 7:30  (Read 12103 times)

Beetleboi -Greg-

• Band for hire, let me know what you need!
  • PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
Dub 'N Dine Indian Food 7:30
« on: December 06, 2013, 06:20:59 pm »

Hello Everyone!

We had a great time at our first Dub 'N Dine at the Pho Restaurant. This month we will be traveling to India for Indian Cuisine!

Date: 12/19/13
Time: 7:30

I thought that we could have this at Indieblue in Collingswood, but somebody mentioned I should discuss locations with the group. So if you have recommendations please let me know.

Beetleboi

ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

1972 Volkswagen WestFakia "Mildred"

You buy your own bus, and do what you want to your bus. I'll do what I want to so with mine. Pissing off purists one modification at at time.

"After a Hurricane Comes a Rainbow" - Katy Perry

Richard

• Global Moderator
  • PLATINUM Member
Re: Dub 'N Dine Indian Food 7:30
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 07:49:16 pm »

Here's my  2@cent.

Indeiblue, in Collingswood, is fine with me. I've heard good things about it. Check out their menu: http://www.indebluerestaurant.com/collingswood-nj/menu/dinner

There is also a place called "Coriander Indian Bistro" in Voorhees in the Ritz Center, 910 Haddonfield-Berlin Road (Rt-561) which is highly rated. Check out their menu.... http://www.coriandernj.com/

I'm sure there are others, but these looked good. YUMMMM!!!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 07:55:12 pm by Richard »
Zoom Zoom...   ;-)

50split(paul)

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 11:02:57 pm »

gagan in stratford is the best by far.

Beetleboi -Greg-

• PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 11:23:29 pm »

Didn't they close Paul?
ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

You buy your own bus, and do what you want to your bus. I'll do what I want to so with mine. Pissing off purists one modification at at time.

50split(paul)

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 11:26:59 pm »

nope...we were there last week.
they are alive and well.

Richard

• Global Moderator
  • PLATINUM Member
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 12:26:57 pm »

For anyone interested...

Gagan Palace, 33 South White Horse Pike, Stratford, NJ
Menu: http://www.gaganpalace.com/menu.html

Zoom Zoom...   ;-)

50split(paul)

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 01:30:24 pm »

in my opinion the buffet is the best especially for those who don't know what to order. it goes to about 2:30.

Fire Lady (Michelle)

• SJVWC Charter Member
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
    • Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 07:45:19 pm »

Buffet would have been nice Paul, but this is a dinner event. I think Gagan just does buffet at lunch. I've been to Gagan and it is good. I was hoping to try something new so I was going to vote for Indeblue, but then I looked at menus of both and it looks like Gagan may be less expensive.

Part of the original idea for this event was going to good places club members can vouch for. So in the end I guess my vote is for Gagan.
most people have to go to work in the morning

grungeant (Anthony)

• PLATINUM Member
  • 1974 Tintop with a nice rack
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 06:27:21 am »

Gagan Palace is across from the choo choo stop. I personally have never been there, but the best Indian food I ever had is from a place called Coriander in Edison, NJ and the one guy who works there highly recommended Gagan Palace to me. He said it is his friend's or cousin's place or something and he used to work there when they first opened.

On the other hand Indeblue is also very good, but probably costs more. Indeblue is more like fusion Indian food, so although very good it's not 100% Indian food. They mix stuff from other cultures. I think Indeblue probably has a nicer atmosphere and ambiance inside than most too. They also have a Philly location. I've never been there, but the one in Philly has a liquor license.
Indeblue has live Indian music some nights as well.
"You should remember it's peace of mind you're after, and not just a fixed machine."
Robert Pirsig

grungeant (Anthony)

• PLATINUM Member
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 06:49:33 am »

We have also eaten at Sankalp on Rt70 in Cherry Hill. We had some grilled Veggie appetizer. Although what we had was good it seemed more cookie cutter chain like, sort of like the Olive Garden or Macoroni Grill of Indian food.
There is another Indian place on the side street about a mile or 2 down the road from Gagan we have tried a few times mainly because Gagan closes between lunch and dinner and we are always in the area at the wrong time. I can't think of the name, Jeannette probably knows. It isn't bad, it is priced good, and it has a small cozy strip mall feel to it, however I am jaded from much better Indian food.

I would not recommend Nirvana in DE. We ate there and it wasn't anything special.
I also would not recommend Indian Grille on Naamans Rd in DE. We ordered and while waiting for our food I saw several very large mice running around and frolicing around the dinning room. We didn't try the food. We just left.
"You should remember it's peace of mind you're after, and not just a fixed machine."
Robert Pirsig

Celly

• Charter Member
  • PLATINUM Member
  • SJVWC
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 09:40:51 am »

Gagan is my vote, but if we decided to go to any of the other places mentioned in this thread I would still be very happy to give them a try.

except the mouse kabob place... there can only be one chef of mouse kabobs!! (aka Matt)

FYI... New Turkish place opened in Sweedsboro, the same owner as the place in Philly (passayunk ave) me and Michelle would frequent.  possible future dub-n-dine?

There are two things in ordinary conversation which ordinary people dislike - information and wit.

It\'s not a car, it\'s not a van, its a BUS!

grungeant (Anthony)

• PLATINUM Member
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2013, 01:32:35 pm »

I don't know if I'll be able to go, but I would love to try Gagan Palace. Also Indeblue is very good too with a very nice atmosphere, but less traditional Indian food, and definately more pricey.

I think Turkish food sounds cool. I've never had it before.
I also had some thoughts for future dines
There is a really good Puerto Rican food place that just opened up near us in Pennsville.

There's a very authentic Dominican place called La Parada at Wyoming and G St in Philly.
But they don't have inside seating so that one would be better for nicer weather.

Quite a few people recommended the Cuban restaurant in New Hope, PA to me, but I was never there. I think It's called Havana Nights? I've driven past it. It looks really cool.

And there is a really good Mexican food place in Penns Grove too.

I also seen a Malaysian place in DE that I wanted to try, and, a Thai place in West Chester that looked cool. I've never had either.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 03:20:30 pm by grungeant (Anthony) »
Robert Pirsig

grungeant (Anthony)

• PLATINUM Member
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, 01:45:57 pm »

Does anyone know of any Hawaiian food places?
I love Hawaiian food!
The only one I know of on the east coast is in NYC.

It's too bad Casa Blanca in DE closed. That place was awesome. It was Moracaan food. You dine on velvet couches, and there's music and belly dancers, and I think it was like 5 coarses or something, and everyone in your party picks from the middle with their hands. It was very real life Alladin like.
They had ladies with pots of hot water and towles that come by to wash your hands before you eat.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 03:22:49 pm by grungeant (Anthony) »
Robert Pirsig

Beetleboi -Greg-

• PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 06:29:33 pm »

Gagan is my vote, but if we decided to go to any of the other places mentioned in this thread I would still be very happy to give them a try.

except the mouse kabob place... there can only be one chef of mouse kabobs!! (aka Matt)

FYI... New Turkish place opened in Sweedsboro, the same owner as the place in Philly (passayunk ave) me and Michelle would frequent.  possible future dub-n-dine?

Was thinking about Turkish food cell. Maybe January? I had trouble finding an Indian restaurant that had a dinner buffet. Sounds like Gagan has a good rep from the members. I will look into it as a non buffet option. Will try to keep dub n dine on the third Thursday of the month unless there is a holiday.
ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

50split(paul)

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2013, 11:26:46 pm »

susan and i have been to many indian eateries and gagan is the best.
many come close but do not match gagan for authentic indian cuisine.
if you guys decide on hungarian food i can have everyone over for chicken paprikash
before susan and i leave for our new home in south carolina.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up