SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1973 VW Thing - good driver quality - $6800  (Read 3466 times)

jthw8

• PLATINUM Member
    • MisfittoysRacing
1973 VW Thing - good driver quality - $6800
« on: April 09, 2014, 09:03:39 am »

I hate to do this, wife hates to do it even more but the taxman wants money and we need to reduce the fleet.  This is my wife's baby and her dream car.  It's a good solid driver but not a 100% perfect car (obviously or the price would double)

This is a heads up right now for SJVWC only since the car is still in winter storage so I need to pull it out and prep it for sale this weekend.  It will be on the Samba and Craigslist by the end of the weekend though.

Good solid body in red.  Paint is ok, a bit heavy but looks good.  The flowers are vinyl decals so if you don't like them you can pull them off.  Only visible rust is on the windshield frame (I will never say no rust on a car I haven't stripped to metal myself so you will probably find other spots if you want to do a full restore)  Some obvious signs of prior repair.  Rear floor pan repaired in flat metal. 

Have the frame for the soft top but will need new covering, we never used the top so we never dealt with it.

Dual single barrel carbs on 1600 DP motor.  Runs good.  New starter last year.  New brakes all around including all hardware, soft lines, master and wheel cylinders last year as well.  All fuel soft lines replaced and turn signal switch in column was replaced with new as well.

Riding on 17" mustang wheels, former owner's doing, may not be everyone's cup of tea.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of things, once I spend some time with the car out of storage this weekend I will update with any other relevant information.

Nice driver quality car that needs someone to drive it and care for it.  $6800 or reasonable offer.  Partial trades *may* be considered if its something that will make the wife a little happy (she likes busses) but we need to get some money out of this for taxes.

jthw8

• PLATINUM Member
    • MisfittoysRacing
Re: 1973 VW Thing - good driver quality - $6800
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 03:06:48 pm »

Additional photos now posted at http://misfittoysracing.com/thing/

jthw8

• PLATINUM Member
    • MisfittoysRacing
Re: 1973 VW Thing - good driver quality - $6800
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 08:42:21 pm »

Sold