SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: WoodStock  (Read 17469 times)

DreamWeaver J@Y:~}

• Global Moderator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • VW Vanagon's with a Touch of Subaru
WoodStock
« on: July 16, 2014, 06:33:22 pm »

I'm planning a camping trip to visit the 45th anniversary of "Woodstock" August 15th 2014

SJVWC at WoodStock,CANCELED :confused04:;

History... Although named Woodstock due to excessive crowds Woodstock was actually held at Max Yasgur farm in Bethel NY but the name was retained from ticket sales of the original Sites namesake. 

The week building to this even myself and a friend said lets do it, So like two dummies on that Friday morning we headed north only to hit a road block of traffic. we turn back to the Jersey Shore.. Bummer...

Ok, back to the Camping Trip..

The celebration is held on Friday August 15th.. To celebrate there showing on the Big screen

the Film "Woodstock: never seen. The Director's Cut"

This showing and event will be held in the very setting of the original August 15th 1969 setting.

So-oooo your be enjoying the film as the History took place right where it was filmed and those Hippy Bastards partied..

WoW..  Think of the History that took place in this setting, the names of the countless performers etc, and the very ground that your be walking on.

Max Yasgur's Farm. The area where Woodstock actually took place is now called Bethel Woods, and preserved and converted into the popular Historic cultural Woodstock Museum.. Lots to  see and do..

See attached links.. Explore to know more.. 

I've spoken to a few Van owners and some are planning to attend. Just wanted to toss it out there in the event any club members wished to join in.. One of these folk actually was at the 69 festival.

Although there is no camping on the actually Yasgur Location, there are several Campgrounds close by.

It's approx. 170 miles, I'll Probably leaving here on Thursday Aug 14th, return Sat or Sunday?

Perhaps if KVBug attends she can show us around as I've herd that "She was Born This Way"  :confused04:;

Bethel Woods / Woodstock and what is now is..
http://www.bethelwoodscenter.org/the-museum/about-the-museum-at-bethel-woods

The August 15, 2014 event..
http://www.bethelwoodscenter.org/events/detail/back-to-the-field

Some of the Many Performers who performed the original
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_performances_and_events_at_Woodstock_Festival

Performers and sights
https://www.google.com/search?q=woodstock+1969+performers&rlz=1T4ADFA_enUS462US463&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=o_XGU970IMPlsAS-zYLQCw&ved=0CDEQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=637

BTW
 You don't need a VW to attend, but your surely see enough VW's that made it to this Historic event and forever cast in History.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 05:22:58 pm by JackWagen (jack) »
 Life's G@@D @ Vanagon Land  =bananachaplin+= .

Believe that and I'll gladly sell you some swamp land in the Everglades.  &^rofl

grungeant (Anthony)

• PLATINUM Member
  • 1974 Tintop with a nice rack
Re: WoodStock
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 06:41:16 pm »

I want to go!
"You should remember it's peace of mind you're after, and not just a fixed machine."
Robert Pirsig

Beetleboi -Greg-

• Band for hire, let me know what you need!
  • PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 04:20:24 pm »

Probably going after work Friday.
ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

1972 Volkswagen WestFakia "Mildred"

You buy your own bus, and do what you want to your bus. I'll do what I want to so with mine. Pissing off purists one modification at at time.

"After a Hurricane Comes a Rainbow" - Katy Perry

grungeant (Anthony)

• PLATINUM Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 04:51:43 pm »

Oh wait, I thought this was 2015. I might not be able to get stuff in order that fast.
What's the details on camping? Just anywhere you can park?
Is there just a showing of the movie on Friday, or is there stuff going on Saturday and Sunday too?
"You should remember it's peace of mind you're after, and not just a fixed machine."
Robert Pirsig

lovebus (jack)

• Club Co-Founder, Member SJVWCC
  • Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Happy Trails Vanagon, AB2W
    • SJVWC Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 09:17:53 pm »

I'm in.  thumpup)-
I don't have to go to work in the morning....

RT 66 June 1, 2015

"Why restore it to its former short comings
When you can modify it too its full potential."

Beetleboi -Greg-

• PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 09:27:00 pm »

I hope there will be mud.
ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

You buy your own bus, and do what you want to your bus. I'll do what I want to so with mine. Pissing off purists one modification at at time.

lovebus (jack)

• Club Co-Founder, Member SJVWCC
  • Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Happy Trails Vanagon, AB2W
    • SJVWC Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 09:29:50 pm »

MUD, yup, your nuts.........................................
I don't have to go to work in the morning....

RT 66 June 1, 2015

"Why restore it to its former short comings
When you can modify it too its full potential."

grungeant (Anthony)

• PLATINUM Member
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 07:35:11 am »

I need more details about this asap. It usually takes me at least a month to set something like this up with work.
Robert Pirsig

DreamWeaver J@Y:~}

• Global Moderator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • VW Vanagon's with a Touch of Subaru
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 09:44:33 am »

The Anniversary Celebration is Friday August 15th..

I was planning on going Turdsday 14th maybe returning Saturday or Sunday morning depending on others decisions.

There are many places to camp in the area, just no longer camping on the actual Woodstock site. Those freaken Hippies of 69 "like Jack"  screwed it up for all of us..

Some nice cottages, some campsites that even offer you a tent and air mattress, also RV sites with hookups, etc..

But This site has it all Tent, RV's Group, etc and could make for a great outing with many activities for all to enjoy.. It's about 15 mins from Bethel Woods aka Woodstock. 

I know some of this turf as I use to canoe down the Delaware from upstate NY through Hawks Nest into Jersey usually a 2-3 day camping along the way trip.

Here's the Facility that has it all. But it's a large facility with lots of campsites. But they also have a group site where we could cluster. 
 http://kittatinny.com/photo-gallery/

Greg.. Can you put this event on the Calendar. Hows this sound for a even name? SJVWC at WoodStock
 Life's G@@D @ Vanagon Land  =bananachaplin+= .

Believe that and I'll gladly sell you some swamp land in the Everglades.  &^rofl

grungeant (Anthony)

• PLATINUM Member
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 12:47:33 pm »

Leaving Thursday is about what I was thinking would be best. Jeannette said she won't be able to get off that Friday because the other girl in her department is on vacation that week, so I would think Friday and Thursday are out of the question.

So as much as I would love to go to this, we're going to have to shoot for the 50th.

So is most of the club going up there?
Is anyone else not able to get off the weekdays and going to be camping in South Jersey somewhere?
We were looking forward to Buses in the Barrens because it was our first campout with the club.
Robert Pirsig

Beetleboi -Greg-

• PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2014, 02:09:19 am »

Ant, I'm still on the fence about going to Woodstock. If we have enough Trumpet players for Matt to bail I'll probably go to Woodstock, if not well be at Atsion or Belleplain camping. Buses in the Barrens has been on the calander for about 8 months.  I guess nobody checks the calander anymore.
ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

grungeant (Anthony)

• PLATINUM Member
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2014, 07:56:38 am »

When do you think you will know Greg, or will it it be like a last minute thing?
Because I think I'm going to try to reserve my campsite next weekend because I get pair Friday.

I checked the site for Belleplain and now ALL tent sites in Miesel are pet friendly now, so I thought that was pretty cool.

If there isn't enough people to do an organized campout, I was thinking we would either try the Wharton camping area where we go tubing. I think it's called Godfrey Bridge, or maybe even actually get a site in Wading Pines.
Or Belleplain...
Or maybe Parvin because it is was the first place we camped in our bus, and it's somewhere different, and it's close to us.

Maybe we should start a different topic for the people that want to camp, but can't go to Woodstock?
Or is it better to keep it here?
Robert Pirsig

Fire Lady (Michelle)

• SJVWC Charter Member
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
    • Charter Member
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2014, 01:13:20 pm »

Buses in the Barrens has been on our calendar for a while. Wonder how many buses from other clubs will go to Belleplain for it and find nobody there from SJVWC?
most people have to go to work in the morning

Baha (Shawn)

• Club Vice President
  • PLATINUM Member
  • SYNCRO HiTop----K2SMD
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2014, 08:40:47 pm »

Buses in the Barrens has been on our calendar for a while.

With the exception of Erik, nobody outside SJVWC has been to Busses in the Barrens since FMBC dropped it. So thats probably not an issue

With a large chunk of the core campers going to Woodstock, it makes sense to drop BiB for this year.

HOWEVER, The Woodstock trip is not a club event, I just jumped on Jays bandwagon... And the only reason he mentioned it here was because BiB was only a calendar post with no discussion thread which indicates it's somebody else's event

SO... If you want to run with BiB then let Greg know (as I did when I learned of the Woodstock trip)  and he'll put it back up on the calendar and Facebook, but since the 1100 members of the FMBC page didn't even react when we announced we were going to Woodstock, I don't think it matters either way

Incase people are under the impression that Bethel NY is like... in Canada... It's not.
Its only 130 miles...60 miles closer than Granny Grose's. If any of our non bus members would like to go I'll bring extra gear (or haul yours for you)

The VWs you can sleep in are more gooder

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, The kind that can count and the kind that can't.

Beetleboi -Greg-

• PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 08:42:58 pm »

So were going to have to break down camp to go drive to the movie? Is there a schedule of events?
ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up